As we age, we develop creases on our foreheads and frown lines on the bridge of the nose. Our skin also loses its elasticity and begins to droop, which may result in a low, sagging brow. To correct these problems, consider a brow lift, also called a forehead lift. Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group can help you achieve a smooth forehead without creases or wrinkles.*
What does a brow lift treat?
By raising and smoothing the skin on your forehead, a brow lift minimizes creases and wrinkles, giving your face a softer, more youthful look. Brow lifts are particularly effective in treating frown lines, which are vertical creases that appear between the eyebrows. The procedure can also reposition a low or sagging brow that hoods the upper eyelid, and raise the eyebrows, which gives you a more alert, youthful appearance.*
The brow lift is commonly paired with other cosmetic surgery procedures, including:
- Eyelid surgery to remove puffy or drooping skin around the eyes
- Facelift to remove wrinkles and signs of aging in the mid- to lower face and neck
- Skin resurfacing to give your skin a healthy glow
Good candidates for a brow lift are in good physical health, non-smokers, and have a positive outlook and specific, realistic goals for the procedure. As with any cosmetic surgery, you should opt for the procedure to improve your sense of well-being, not to conform to someone else’s beauty standards.
What is the brow lift procedure?
There are several different types of brow lifts, depending on your aesthetic preferences and unique facial anatomy:
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: In this technique, your surgeon makes a series of incisions behind the hairline and uses them to reposition the muscles, lift the underlying tissues and remove excess fat. The result is a flatter, more youthful brow.
- Temporal or Limited Incision Brow Lift: This procedure typically accompanies eyelid surgery. Your surgeon makes inch-long incisions above each temple behind the hairline, using them to lift your other brow tissues. Next, your surgeon uses the incisions made for an upper eyelid procedure to lift this area of the brow.
- Classic or Coronal Brow Lift: This procedure was once the standard brow lift technique, and in general has been supplanted with less drastic methods. However, it may be desirable in certain cases. It utilizes one long incision running from ear to ear behind the hairline, through which tissues are manipulated to achieve the desired results.
Brow lifts are most often performed as outpatient procedures under general anesthesia. Your surgery duration depends on the technique being used. After the procedure, most patients experience very little pain, though your forehead may feel tight and slightly uncomfortable as your face adjusts to its new shape. You should be able to return to normal activities two to four weeks after surgery.
Schedule a consultation at Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group to explore brow lift surgery. We also perform various other procedures, including breast lift, breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, CoolSculpting, tattoo removal, and more. We will help you explore your options and make the choice that’s best for you.