The subfascial placement of breast implants has many of the advantages of both the submuscular and subglandular techniques of breast augmentation, and has become the preferred position for the placement of breast implants in our practice.
Subfascial breast augmentations are a relatively recent development that has frequently captured the curiosity of patients. This Brazilian technique introduced by Dr. Ruth Graf, avoids frequent disadvantages with other techniques such as high, “fake”-appearing implants, implant distortion or “animation” with exercise, and a longer recovery period.
Every muscle in the body has a particular shape, regardless of the size. This is due to a very thin, yet extremely tough, durable layer of tissue called fascia. The subfascial breast augmentation employs this layer and uses it to protect and support the implant, without removing the muscle attachments from the ribs.
Many times, implants placed under the muscle initially have a very “high-riding” appearance that may take up to 6 months to settle into their final position. Another benefit of the subfascial approach is that the implants are instantly placed in their correct positions, which reduces downtime.
Beverly Hills plastic surgeons Dr. John Layke and Dr. Payman Danielpour possess extensive experience using the subfascial breast augmentation technique. With their synchronized talents, an individually tailored plan is created in order to provide you with youthful, aesthetically-pleasing breasts.
The Subfascial Position:
- Prevents the “stuck on” appearance often caused by the submuscular placement, offering a more natural slope to the breast.
- Has a lower rate of “rippling.”
- Less injury to the patient than the submuscular, as the muscle is not released off of the chest wall.
- Has less post operative downtime. Generally, patients can return to work after 2 or 3 days, and are able to workout at 2 weeks.
- Prevents the muscle movement “animation” that is often visible after submuscular placement in extremely active individuals.
At Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group, we have provided numerous implant treatments for decades. Regardless of which form of implants you choose for treatment, or your desired position of the implants, our dedicated and experienced team can work with you in providing the results you desire.
If you are considering breast augmentation, please contact us to see if the subfascial breast augmentation is the right choice for you!