Liposuction is an effective surgical solution to removing stubborn fat that isn’t responding to diet and exercise.
Liposuction is a Common Procedure
Liposuction is the most common cosmetic operation in the United States with more than 300,000 procedures are carried out each year. During the procedure, the cosmetic surgeon makes a tiny incision in the skin and inserts a surgical tube called a cannula to gently suction fat from targeted areas of your body.
Once an appropriate amount of fat has been removed to achieve the desired results, the cannula is removed and the incision area is closed using either sutures or medical-grade glue. The results are picture-perfect with minimal scarring.
Ideal Candidates for Liposuction
People who undergo liposuction usually have a stable body weight but would like to remove undesirable deposits of body fat in specific parts of the body. Liposuction is often performed in conjunction with other body contouring treatments, or as a solo treatment for the buttocks, arms, legs, neck, thighs, abdomen, hips, back, and more. If you have struggled to tone one or more of these areas, liposuction may be right for you.
In addition to removing stubborn fat, other benefits of liposuction include:
- Improving the shape and contour of your body.
- Improving your self-esteem and body image.
- Improving the appearance of your body after dramatic weight loss.
- Encouraging better habits, such as exercise and good dieting, as the results of lipo must be maintained.
- Removing lipomas, benign fatty tumors in certain areas of the body.
- Treating lipodystrophy syndrome, a metabolism disorder that causes excess fat deposits in one area of the body.
- Treating excessive sweating in the armpit areas, as well as chafing in other areas, such as the thighs.
- Treating gynecomastia (when men develop excessive amounts of fatty breast tissue) by removing the fatty breast tissue.
Liposuction can be a lasting investment in your overall health and wellbeing. With a healthy diet and regular exercise, patients can maintain the sleek, toned results they achieve through liposuction.
If you are considering liposuction to tone one or more areas of your body, Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group has the experience and cutting-edge technology to create natural-looking, beautiful results for you. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation.