Plastic surgery certainly has its obvious benefits. When opting to move forward with surgery, it is important to know what you should expect so that you may plan and accommodate accordingly.
Factors to consider when deciding on plastic surgery
- Your expectations. Aesthetic surgery is about creating an improvement, not perfection. At Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group we aim to exceed your expectations, but despite our greatest efforts, guarantying someone’s happiness cannot be promised. Having surgery should not be with the intention to save a troubled relationship, or to receive a promotion or improve your social life.
- Expense. Cosmetic surgery isn’t covered by most health insurance plans. The cost varies depending on the procedure, ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars. Also consider the cost of any follow-up care or additional corrective procedures.
- Risks. Dissatisfaction is possible after any type of cosmetic surgery. Surgical complications are poss as with any other operation.
- Recovery. After cosmetic surgery, you may need days, weeks or even months to recover. Understand the physical effects that may be part of your recovery, as well as how the surgery may affect aspects of your personal and professional life.
- Psychological changes. Your self-esteem might improve after cosmetic surgery, but cosmetic surgery isn’t likely to relieve depression or other mental health conditions.
Many details go into successful plastic surgery planning. The details may seem overwhelming and might be tedious. The following care instructions are meant to promote safe and successful plastic surgery, and that can make life easier before and after your surgery. These care instructions are meant as a guide, and don’t replace circumstances that are specific for you and your procedure.
The surgical facility or hospital will contact you before the procedure to review the pre-operative instructions. Safety is Dr. Danielpour and Dr. Layke’s primary concern and your surgery may be delayed or cancelled as needed, if this pre-operative guideline is not followed.
Maximize your cosmetic results after facial plastic surgery by following these basic post-treatment instructions. Your specific instructions will vary depending on the aesthetic procedure performed.
Please contact Dr. Danielpour or Dr. Layke with any questions. Call immediately if any of the following occur or if you have any concerns about your recovery.
- Excessive, bright red bleeding
- Severe pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Increasing redness or swelling
- Double vision or foreign-body sensation in eye
- High-grade fever above 101.5° F / 38.6° C
- Decreased alertness