There you are, before your big job interview, minutes away from proving that you are a perfect fit…when it happens. It feels like you just washed your hands and there were no hand towels! Do you actually have to shake your potential employer’s hand when he greets you?
Or even worse, you’re on the date of your life with the girl of your dreams, and you’re too embarrassed to hold hands because of your sweaty mitts. It’s as though you cut your hand and decided to become “blood-brothers” instead.
Do You Have to Continue to Suffer? The Answer is a Resounding “NO!”
Millions of people suffer with excessive sweating, a condition known as hyperhidrosis. It interferes with their daily lives, often causes embarrassment, and can lead to a reduced quality of life. There are millions of sweat glands on your body and they’re located in highest concentration in a couple of places — your hands, your feet, your underarms and your face.
- Two-thirds of the people with hyperhidrosis will be affected on their hands and feet.
- Approximately, another 20 percent will be affected on their hands, feet and underarms
- There is an equal distribution between males and females – so guys, don’t feel alone.
- It is estimated to affect about 2.8 percent of the population, which translates to almost 8 million people in the United States
- Of those 8 million people, only 1/3 of them have actually discussed it with their doctors.
What Can Be Done?
BOTOX® neurotoxin is injected into the affected areas to help control this condition by temporarily blocking the chemical signals from the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands. When the sweat glands don’t receive chemical signals, the severe sweating stops.
How Long Does it Last?
In general, successful treatment of hyperhidrosis with BOTOX® lasts for at least 4-6 months. This varies by patient, and can often last even longer.
Are There Side-Effects?
BOTOX® is a local injection and rarely has any systemic side effects if administered properly. Occasionally, one can notice a slight weakness in hand strength.
If you think you are a candidate for treatment to your underarms or hands, please call us today at The Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group at (310) 275-6600.