In Anna Faris’ new book, she detailed her experience with plastic surgery. Namely, how her experience filming The House Bunny increased her interest in cosmetic operations, and how she was happy with her breast implants but ultimately regretted her lip injections. If you’re looking into cosmetic surgery, make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons. Otherwise, you could be facing similar regrets down the road.
We at Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group want to make sure all our patients leave our facility happy with their results, and that means they should undergo a procedure for the right reasons. And while the reasons behind surgery vary from person to person, here are a few examples of good and questionable reasons to seek out cosmetic surgery.
There can be any number of good reasons for cosmetic surgery, but they typically share a few things in common. 1) You’ve given this decision plenty of thought. 2) You’re getting this change because you want it, not because somebody else wants it. 3) You don’t expect that this procedure will fix everything in your life. Some examples of good reasons include:
- You want to alter something about your body or face that has bothered you for quite some time
- You believe your appearance in some way is hindering your professional or personal life
- You want to boost your self-esteem and confidence
- You have reasonable and realistic expectations for what your surgery can and cannot do for you
- Cosmetic surgery will alleviate physical pain (i.e. breast reduction)
Having a questionable reason for cosmetic surgery doesn’t mean you should never have work done. It may simply mean you need to step back, take some time, and determine if cosmetic surgery is the right option for you. Some examples of questionable reasons include:
- You think you want it, but haven’t given it much thought
- You’re insecure within a relationship and hope cosmetic surgery will help your relationship
- You have unrealistic expectations about what cosmetic surgery will do for you
- You believe changing your appearance will solve personal problems or change your life
- You’ve been pressured by someone else to do it
Undergoing plastic surgery is a major decision and the majority of people have satisfying results. But at Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Group, we want to make sure all our patients are satisfied with their plastic surgery results. Please contact us if you are contemplating plastic surgery or have decided plastic surgery is right for you. We are here to help: (310) 275-6600.